Job posted: 23/03/2022
Application deadline: 06/04/2022
We are looking for an experienced MSK Physiotherapist to join our Cardiff team. If you are looking to work for a rapidly growing company with a clear vision, mission & values we'd like to hear from you! Our team are experts in their field and have worked with a range of clients from elite athletes through to people who are simply passionate about performing to their best ability and achieving their fitness objectives. At PhysioSpace we aim to offer effective, health, wellbeing & fitness services to help clients look after their bodies, move better and feel good. We deliver cutting edge, evidence based, collaborative care with impeccable consistency and attention to detail & data. Customer experience is at the heart of everything we do. Our Physios are at the forefront of knowledge in pain management, function, biomechanics, injury pre/rehab and performance training.
Please send your CV with a cover letter outlining suitability for the role to: [email protected]
This hybrid role will be a split between First Contact Physiotherapy (FCP) hours in a Cardiff NHS GP Surgery & Private MSK Physio hours at PhysioSpace clinics.
Salary: £32,000.00 - £42,000.00 (Experience dependent)
Job Type: Full Time - Employed - Permanent
(Part time & freelance roles available)
- Manage of a busy caseload of FCP and Private patients, some of which self-fund and others who have private medical insurance – this includes assessing patients, maintaining clinical notes in line with CSP standards, planning and undertaking therapy as required by patient needs, creating treatment plans for patients and communicating the appropriate exercises and treatment to patients effectively, as well as monitoring rehabilitation progress and adapting physiotherapy treatment accordingly using technology.
- First Contact Physiotherapists will have the skills to assess, diagnose and manage musculoskeletal (MSK) problems. This will involve supporting patients with undifferentiated conditions within the scope of the role.
- Be able to consult with patients, without prior referral from their GP and establish a rapid and accurate diagnosis, interpret and act on assessment findings and management plan, thus streamlining pathways of care.
- Be able to deliver programmes of supported patient self-management, in ways that facilitate behavioural change, optimise individuals' physical activity, mobility and fulfilment of personal goals and independence, whilst minimising the need for pharmacological interventions.
- To maintain effective communication links with the multidisciplinary team both within and external to the clinic (Physios, GPs, Consultants, Radiologists etc..).
- To work closely and communicate with the referring doctors, consultants. This will involve communicating patient related information that could be complex.
- To attend meetings and teaching sessions organised by PhysioSpace.
- To participate in team training.
- To be actively involved in the social media associated with the clinic, via instructional and educational videos, photos and blog posts.
- To be responsible for maintaining own competency to practise through CPD activities, attend regular CPD training and maintain a portfolio which reflects personal development.
You must also meet the following requirements:
- Comprehensive experience in manual therapy and rehabilitation of patients
- Minimum of 2 years specialising in MSK physiotherapy (beyond junior rotations)
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in Physiotherapy, MSc desirable
- HCPC (essential) and CSP Registration (Physiotherapy)
- MSK private practice experience desirable
- A high level of verbal and written proficiency in English to ensure effective communication between yourself, staff, patients
- Quality-driven, patient centred approach with the ability to build strong client relationships and maintain expectations
- Understanding of bridging gap between Physio x Performance.
- Excellent inter-personal skills; able to exercise personal initiative and patience when dealing with patients who have difficulty understanding their injuries or treatment proposed
- Computer literate with full working knowledge of Apps / cloud based notes systems
- DBS check (ideally update service subscription)
- Company pension
- Monthly CPD / Mentoring Structure
- Access to all virtual classes (Pilates & Yoga) & gym space
- Company social events
- Monday to Friday (full time)
- Exact Hours to be agreed before start date